Shop Space Coming Together
The bicycle shop/co-op is coming together nicely and will make finding bicycles parts easy tor members of the co-op. We are very grateful to our local bicycle shops who donate bicycles, bicycle parts, and other things to us. Trek Shop Coeur d’Alene, Vertical Earth, Mountain View Cyclery, and Born Again Bicycles. Without the support of the community, we wouldn’t be able to help all the people we do.
Already Participated in a Bicycle Rodeo for Earth Day
We had a great group of kids ride through our bicycle obstacle course (bicycle rodeo) for Earth Day this year. It is always more fun for us as we get to watch them have fun while learning some rules of the road.
Kids at Borah Elementary Earned Money for Bikes
Kids in Borah Elementary’s CdA4Kids After School Program participated in a financial literacy program. Through the program, they were encouraged to save $10 by doing chores around the home so at the end they could purchase a bicycle. We provided the bicycles to be re-homed and also a brand new helmet (helmets were provided to us by Kootenai Health via STCU).
Current Updates and Things to Come
- The shop is open on Saturday’s from 12-4 PM and via appointment any other time during the week.
- Groups can book time with us for basic maintenance classes or on the road training.
- Membership Levels are being determined to open up the bicycle co-op to members. More details soon
- As of today, we have given away, re-homed, or kids have earned 28 bicycles.
- Emerge finished up the mural inside and we are excited to show it off at an upcoming Open House.
- Panhandle Kiwanis and Post Falls Kiwanis granted us $500/each.
- LCBC has a team for the National Bicycle Challenge – Join us!
- Bicycle Events Calendar coming soon!